WEB EXTRA: MCSD to hold public forums on middle school rezoning | News
From the Muscogee County School District
In preparation for the opening of the new Aaron Cohn Middle School, assignment areas have been redrawn. The goals of the rezoning process are to:
- Keep assignment areas contiguous;
- Move as few students as possible.
The proposed rezoning impacts approximately 800 students out of 7,088 middle school
students (11.2%). Students reassigned who are entering the 8th grade for the 2013- 2014 school year would be permitted to remain in their current school, but transportation would not be provided.
Two public hearings are scheduled:
- Tuesday, January 29th @ 7:00 P.M.
- Thursday, January 31st @ 7:00 P.M.
Midland Middle School
6990 Warm Springs Road
Midland, GA 31820
District leaders will discuss the proposed changes and receive feedback from participants at the meetings. Maps of the impacted areas are also available for review.
An online survey (Rezoning Proposal Survey) will be available for parents to provide feedback at www.muscogee.k12.ga.us under the Announcement link.
Muscogee County School DistrictThe survey may also be accessed at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VLXNSTB. Parents can access the link to offer feedback until February 6, 2013.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Judge hands down mixed decision in discrimination lawsuit against Muscogee Co Sheriff, city
- Pet of the Week adopted into Heritage Hills family
- Buy your tickets now for the Officer Relief Fund for Captain Jack Long
- CSU participates in world’s largest swimming lesson
- City Council approves fees for Aquatic Center