Columbus Chamber of Commerce closes after electrical fire | News
COLUMBUS, GA - The Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce will be closed today after an electrical fire forced employees to evacuate the building.
The Chamber is located on 6th Ave. Construction crews have been working on the road for months and might have damaged a water line, leading to 4 feet of flooding and the fire.
The Chamber of Commerce was unsure if they would be able to get back into the building, but they have announced that they will be closed for the remainder of the day.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest