Car slams into Columbus High's brick wall, person seriously injured | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- A person is in the hospital after a driver struck a brick wall just outside Columbus High School early Thursday morning.
The accident happened around 3:00 a.m. at the corner of Cherokee Avenue and 17th Street.
A car coming down 17th Avenue jumped the curb and slammed into the high school's decorative brick wall, causing substantial damage.
One person was seriously injured, but no other details about the accident are known at this time.
It appears that none of the memorial bricks were damaged.
We'll have more information on this accident as soon as it becomes available and on News Leader 9 at Five.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Update: Charges against Muscogee Co. Deputy Marshal have been dismissed
- Gus Malzahn speaks at luncheon honoring high school football players, coaches
- 3rd annual Driver’s Education Scholarships presented to high school students
- Final “Let’s Talk!...with the Mayor” forum is tonight
- Domestic violence increases during holiday season