Water pipe leaks thousands of gallons near Lakebottom Park | Environment
COLUMBUS, GA - You may have noticed some extra water around Cherokee Ave. Tuesday morning.
Columbus Water Works says there was an overflow caused by a split pipe around 9:30 a.m.
The leak happened in the Weracoba Creek basin in Lakebottom Park at the corner of Cherokee Ave. and St. Elmo Dr.
About 2,300 gallons of water spilled into the area.
Crews fixed the pipe and stopped the overflow about 11:15 a.m.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest