Water pipe leaks thousands of gallons near Lakebottom Park | Environment
COLUMBUS, GA - You may have noticed some extra water around Cherokee Ave. Tuesday morning.
Columbus Water Works says there was an overflow caused by a split pipe around 9:30 a.m.
The leak happened in the Weracoba Creek basin in Lakebottom Park at the corner of Cherokee Ave. and St. Elmo Dr.
About 2,300 gallons of water spilled into the area.
Crews fixed the pipe and stopped the overflow about 11:15 a.m.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbus Cottonmouths deliver gifts to Midtown Medical Center
- Columbus Council moves forward with Riverwalk redevelopment, zip line on the way
- Friends, family remember Kenneth Walker 10 years after his death
- Final “Let’s Talk!...with the Mayor” forum is Dec. 12
- PAWS Humane offers specials, discounts for holiday season